Oh To Have The Skin of Our Youth Back!
Clear and blemish free with a healthy glow and a smooth soft surface. Check out our short helpful guide to assist you in getting the perfect skin care regime for textured and rough skin.
This is SkinMiles’ and Dr Alek Nikolic’s quick guide for anyone who suffers from textured and rough skin. Get educated or directed in what textured and rough skin is, what the causes of textured and rough skin are, treatment guidelines, and what textured and rough skin care products are recommended by Dr Alek Nikolic for your skin care regime.
Unfortunately some of us are unlucky to suffer from a rough textured skin even in our youth especially if the skin feels bumpy and irregular. Understanding what causes the irregular textured skin is vital in helping us to decide the best treatment choices we have.
There are a number of causes for a rough textured skin:
- UV Damage: Sun exposure causes the breakdown of collagen and elastin that gives skin its smooth texture and resiliency
- Free radicle damage:
- Environmental factors
- Ageing Skin: surface skin cells aren’t shed as rapidly and this causes dead skin cells to build up on the skin surface
- Dry Skin: reduced moisturised skin also feels less smooth to the touch
- Acne, pimples, blemishes and breakouts
Recommended Treatment Guideline:
- Sunscreen: to prevent further skin damage and collagen and elastin breakdown
- Anti-Oxidants: fight free radicle damage and improve the health of cells
- Moisturiser: especially for dry skin sufferers
- Skin boosters: retinol is a super ingredient that dramatically increases collagen and elastin production and smooths and softens the skin
- Exfoliants and Cleansers: ensure they have Alphahydroxy (AHA), polyhydroxy acids (PHA) or salicylic acid (BHA) in them
- Chemical peels: containing glycolic, or lactic or salicylic acid
Need More Info?
Further Reading & Recommended In Depth Articles:
- Which Strength of Retinol Do I Need?
- How to Reverse Skin Aging and Damage
- How Antioxidants Work
- Winter Month Skin Care Summary
For More Skincare Advice:
- Take Our Skin Assessment: see immediate recommendations for your skin type and/or skin concern
- Take Dr Alek Nikolic’s Face2Face Skin Consultation: get personal recommendations for your skin from Dr Alek
See Our Full Treatment Product List For Textured Skin: please click here
Dr Alek Nikolic’s Top Picks for Textured Skin: