Quick Reference Guide for Pigmentation
Flawless Skin Any One?
Read Our Quick Reference Guide for Pigmentation
Hyperpigmentation, Dark Marks & Age Spots. This is SkinMiles’ and Dr Alek Nikolic’s quick guide for anyone who suffers from pigmented marks on their skin. Get educated or directed in what pigmentation marks are, the causes of pigmentation, treatment guidelines, and what pigmentation skin care products are recommended by Dr Alek Nikolic for your skin care regime.
What is Pigmentation?
Pigmentation marks, blemishes, and sun damage that appear on our skins is a common problem that most people start noticing in their early thirties. Very simply put visible pigmented marks are usually caused by an abnormally high amount of melanin deposition in certain parts of our skins. As a result the skin appears darker in colour (and sometimes is a different colour than expected).
- Exposure to sunlight and UV damage
- Disorders that cause inflammation
- Cosmetic treatments such as lasers, IPL, and dermal fillers
- Certain medication and drugs
- Pregnancy and other hormonal changes: Melasma or Chloasma.
- Chemical peels
- Laser therapy
- Topical products: sunscreen, melanin production inhibitors, pigment lighteners, skin boosters
Home Remedies For Pigmentation:
- Raw Potato
- Turmeric Powder: Read Dr Nikolic’s article on turmeric benefits
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Red Onion
- Aloe Vera: Products with aloe vera – DERMAQUEST HYDRATING GEL MASK
- Cucumber: Products with cucumber – SKINCEUTICALS PHYTO CORRECTIVE GEL
Need More Info?
Further Reading & Recommended In Depth Articles:
- Melanin and Pigmentation Explained
- Pigmentation and What to do About It
- How Neoretin Can Solve Pigmentation Issues
For More Skincare Advice:
- Take Our Skin Assessment: see immediate recommendations for your skin type and/or skin concern
- Take Dr Alek Nikolic’s Face2Face Skin Consultation: get personal recommendations for your skin from Dr Alek
See Our Full Treatment Product List For Pigmentation: please click here
Dr Alek Nikolic’s Top Picks for Pigmentation:
- Sunscreen List
- SKINCEUTICALS BLEMISH + AGE DEFENSE SERUM
- SKINCEUTICALS ADVANCED PIGMENT CORRECTOR
- NEORETIN BOOSTER SERUM
- DERMACEUTIC ACTIV RETINOL 0.5 & DERMACEUTIC ACTIV RETINOL 1.0
- SKINCEUTICALS RETINOL 0.3
- VITAMIN C