Medical interest in this compound sparked when it was postulated that resveratrol may be responsible for the low incidence of heart disease seen in the French population whose diet is high in saturated fat. This phenomenon, coined by Dr. Serge Renaud and Dr. Michel de Lorgerial as the French Paradox, was attributed to a moderate intake of red wine. Since that time, resveratrol has been the subject of vigorous on-going research to confirm its health and anti-aging benefits.
Studies have shown that resveratrol binds to numerous cell-signaling molecules allowing it to modulate beneficial health effects through multiple pathways. Resveratrol has anti-diabetic, anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer activity. It also acts as a vasodilator, platelet inhibitor and has important cardio protective effects. Recent studies have suggested that resveratrol may also be effective when applied topically to treat aged skin.
- Derived from the knotweed plant
- Inhibits inﬂammatory mediators
- 99% pure and wild collected
- Enhances cell viability / longevity
- Maximized concentration
- Formulated with hydrotropes
- Boosts skin’s endogenous cellular antioxidant defense mechanisms
- Flavonoid antioxidant derived from the roots of the baikal skullcap plant
- Stabilizes cell survival conditions
- Reduces intracellular inﬂammation
1% ALPHA TOCOPHEROL
- Most abundant, pure form of vitamin E
- Protects cellular membrane from free radical damage
- Prevents lipid peroxidatidation