Gentle Rejuvenation System by Obagi
Obagi® Gentle Rejuvenation System for Sensitive Skin
Why Gentle Rejuvenation is ideal for Sensitive Skin Types
For people who suffer from sensitive skin, rosacea, or allergic type skin conditions such as eczema and dermatitis choosing an anti-ageing and skin rejuvenating skincare product poses a special challenge.
We all know that active ingredients in doctor only prescribed skincare products will give far superior results than those found in over the counter products but these ingredients may be a double edged sword for some of us.
“It is known that up to 3% of adults suffer from eczema, 14% suffer from Rosacea, 30% of us suffer from dermatitis, and 44% of adults suffer from sensitive skin”. Dr Alek Nikolic
The more active an ingredient is the more likely it is to cause a reaction on our skins so numerous skincare companies have spent a lot in research and development to find skin ingredients that will have a rejuvenating effect but without causing untoward reactions.
The aim of this article is to highlight two novel ingredients specifically indicated to rejuvenate sensitive and allergic type skin and provide anti-ageing benefits namely Kinetin and Zeatin and their patented Prosome Delivery System.
“Looking at the study results I can highly recommend the Gentle Rejuvenation System for people who are concerned about ageing changes but suffer from Rosacea, Sensitive Skin, and allergic type skin conditions such as eczema and dermatitis”. Dr Alek Nikolic
Clinical Dermatology – July 2011 • Volume 4 • Number 7
To assess the efficacy and tolerability of a facial serum containing Kinetin and Zeatin in improving the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and signs of photodamage.
Thirty-four female subjects (Fitzpatrick classification I–IV) were examined with early to advanced photodamaged skin were entered into a 12-week clinical trial.
At follow up visits significant improvements in all parameters and skin condition were seen as early as Week 4 however best results were seen by both investigators and enrolled subjects at week 12:
- 18% improvement in overall skin appearance by Week 12
- Fine lines and coarse winkles improved by 27% and 15% respectively
Significant improvements were also seen with:
- Pigmentation which was reduced by 10%
- Skin firmness/elasticity improved by 11%
- By Week 12 subjects reported a 43% improvement in overall facial skin appearance and 24% reduction in mean scores for facial lines and wrinkles.
- There was a 71% reduction in erythema (redness)
- A 94% reduction in skin dryness was seen with 12 weeks use
In my clinical cosmetic dermatology practice treating patients with reactive and sensitive skins has always been a challenge and typically an in depth history of previous skincare regimes and skincare products needs to be undertaken. Interestingly we do find a reason for the skin’s reaction such as an incorrect regime choice: excessive cleansing, using the incorrect cleansing agent (bar soaps), or using harsh scrubs or granular exfoliants or even using an incorrect product for a particular skin type.
At the end of the day it is important that skin reactions are diagnosed by a qualified medical doctor and when necessary medical treatments should be used to get them under control. Once the skin has calmed down my advice is for sensitive skin sufferers to look for ingredients that have been proven to be effective and at the same time gentle and safe.
Dr Alek Nikolic
Gentle Rejuvenation is an ideal choice for patients who have dry Sensitive Skin, and
- Have the CONDITION of early signs of premature skin aging
- Are CONCERNED about the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles; want early intervention to address the visible signs of photoaging
- Are COMMITTED to daily use of gentle, non-irritating products that contain Kinetin and Zeatin but are not yet ready for more aggressive therapies
The Gentle Rejuvenation System for Sensitive Skin Consists Of:
- Soothing Cleanser
- Skin Calming Cream
- Fortified Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 30 with Vitamin C
- Advanced Night Repair
- Dow Pharmaceutical Sciences, Inc. In vitro release of kinetin and zeatin from Prosome Delivery System (study protocol #2875-121). September 12, 2011. OMP, Inc. Data on file.
- McCall-Perez F, Stephens TJ, Herndon Jr JH. Efficacy and tolerability of a facial serum for fine lines, wrinkles, and photodamaged skin. J Clin Aesthet Dermatol. 2011;4(7):51-54.
- Skin Care Exploratory Final Report, June 28, 2013. OMP, Inc. Data on file